£19.51 - £21.41 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 1 month ago
A 2 Month+ opportunity for a Centre Operations Lead has arisen within the local authorities in Kensington and Chelsea.
This role is for an initial temporary period to cover staff sickness. The postholder will be required to work on a rota shift basis and this will include evenings and weekends. The candidate will be expected to work onsite from the Curve premises. The candidate will be expected to undertake a test which will be presented to them on the day of the interview.
To take responsibility for the day to day operations at the Curve Community Centre, working closely with the wider community. This includes:
- Managing a team of 4 Community Centre Officers and 1 Operations Support Officer
- Allocating duties to staff; overseeing co ordination of delivery of all activities and services from the centre via agreed plans and arrangements
- Managing and ensuring rota cover is in place for all shifts and the centre is adequately staffed for all operations
- Ensure all health and safety and Covid compliance is in place and robustly managed
- Acting as the Safeguarding lead Enquiry Officer
- Ensuring the premises are safely and appropriately managed to meet outcomes for residents and stakeholders
Description of Duties
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at the Centre, including managing changes and improvements to the day-to-day delivery of the Curve Community Centre in consultation with senior management team, staff, service users, and stakeholders.
- Support the centre's operational staff, providers, and stakeholders
- Act as the Safeguarding lead and ensure compliance with all safeguarding requirements.
- Manage and support staff ensuring weekly supervision arrangements are in place; reviews and appraisals are carried out; target setting and objective planning is in place to ensure staff are effectively utilised; required training is undertaken by staff; development and support is in place for all staff.
- Develop and build productive contacts and networks with those that come into the Centre to help improve the delivery of the Centre and the service given to service users including overseeing the production of written communications and updates.
- Collaborate with providers and partners to ensure all commissioned / procured service delivery meets with all compliance requirements and delivers outcomes for residents. To proactively develop and manage potential and current service providers to meet current and future service needs
- Qualification in community work / community development or similar or demonstrable professional experience in a managerial role in a community setting.
- Effective and highly competent communication, planning and management skills.
- Experienced in change management and leading a team through team.
- Management of a community centre / similar community setting or equivalent.
- Effective planning and track record of successfully delivering community services and reviewing service provision.
- Establishing and operating within compliance requirements/regulatory framework for community provision i.e. health and safety, fire safety etc.
- A record of working successfully with partners including negotiating, communicating and working collaboratively.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders.
The postholder will be required to work on a rota shift basis and this will include evenings and weekends
08:45 - 17:00
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.