£9.37 - £9.84 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a CEF Administrator on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Limited or no direct responsibility for supervision, direction or co-ordination of other employees (e.g. demonstration of duties) as allocated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working co-operatively, as part of a team to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to directorate teams who may not work from one office;
- Proactively liaising with colleagues to provide constant and consistent services, streamline practices, provide cross-service cover and help prevent excessive workload peaks.
- Develop knowledge, skills and expertise in at least one designated service area(s) which will be the main focus of your service delivery
- Act as a first point of contact for the service, including general enquiries and reception; answer enquiries including some of a complex nature; redirect more complex enquiries appropriately
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email, face to face), accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary.
- Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations to a good standard by the required deadline.
- Collect, process and input data into the County Council's information management/ filing systems and databases (e.g. Framework-I, One, Swift, SAP) ensuring accuracy, confidentiality and security of data and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Co-ordinate diary management to ensure information is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Organise and minute meetings for individuals or groups ensuring that appointments are realistically planned with regard to timing and venue; venue, catering and resources are booked appropriately; and preparing materials to support the event.
- Maintain record-keeping systems for recording and monitoring service processes and provide regular summary reports to Operational Staff and Managers to ensure that relevant updates and reviews take place in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain up to date information about the service including on the intranet, internet, stationery and internal and external publications.
- Undertake general clerical and administrative tasks to support the service as required (e.g. post processes, photocopying, scanning).
- Process financial tasks within the team including e-procurement, receipting of goods
- Research and provide budgetary and statistical information using available systems
- Administer grants, payments and transactions (e.g. employee claim forms, travel warrants).
- Supporting the recruitment, induction, supervision and learning of others as required
- Providing cover for colleagues during periods of annual leave and absence from the office
- Applying your knowledge and feedback from others to contribute to service improvement '
- Attending and participating in meetings as required to support the needs of the service including taking a lead role as 'champion' for a service process, system or development area
- Undertaking such other duties as may reasonably be required of you commensurate with your grade and as required to support the business including maintaining business continuity and during civil emergencies.
- Comply with individual responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace including taking action to reduce the risk to self and others and contributing to the maintenance of a health and safe working environment
- Maintain a secure, accessible and fit for purpose work area
- Ensure that all duties and services are provided in accordance with the County Councils standards, policies and procedures.
- Understand the core business of the office/directorate and contribute to its development
- Develop the necessary skills and knowledge to be flexible in support of the development of the Directorate and the wider organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of one year administrative experience.
- Front line service (visitor/telephone) experience.
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet, including Word, * Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, to at least an Intermediate level.
- Experience of handling data and statistics.
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems.
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Information research and collation using the internet/web based systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person.
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure prioritising competing demands effectively .
- Initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change.
- Ability to attend work regularly and on time.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases