Neath, Neath Port Talbot
£8.03 - £8.43 per hour
12 days ago
Our client is seeking a C.C.T.V And Emergency Response Controller on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
20 Hours per week
Monday - Sunday
- To provide a monitoring service for the closed circuit camera system owned by the Council.
- To undertake all tasks associated with the operating of the control room.
- To help to reduce crime and the fear of crime in the areas covered by the camera system and make them conducive for traders and the public to enjoy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be fully conversant with and proficient in the use of the CCTV management and control system.
- Control and operation of all of the cameras on the system.
- Pro-active patrolling of the camera system searching for incidents related to any criminal activity, public order offences, vehicle related crime, severe traffic congestion, littering offences, illegal trading or any other offences identifiable by officers.
- To maintain appropriate records.
- To communicate with the South Wales Police Control Room by use of the telephone or radio and report all incidents of criminal activity or other activity of concern.
- To use the Storenet Radio system for communication with businesses in Port Talbot and Neath town centres.
- To be responsible for all recording mediums used in the control room, ensuring the security of all images recorded.
- The provision of evidence to all parties entitled to have access to recorded images from the system.
- Producing Witness Statements as required by the South Wales Police and assisting the police in their enquiries relating to recorded incidents.
- Reporting and recording of any failures of the camera system.
- To respond to telephone calls from the public and other agencies during hours when council offices are closed and maintain appropriate records of calls received, including entry into the council's CRM database.
- To assess calls and inform the caller of the procedure that will be followed.
- If a call is within the bounds of the council's emergency procedure, to contact the appropriate on-call officer and relay all relevant information.
- To deal with any other issues that may arise from the calls directed into the control room.
- All liaison with outside agencies and parties, including the public, whether by telephone, radio or direct contact, is to be conducted professionally and responsibly, with due diplomacy and sympathy.
- To keep the control room and other associated areas in a neat, clean.
Note that for this role you will need a Enhanced DBS that is valid.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases