Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Up to £8.21 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Catering Assistant on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £8.21 Per Hour PAYE
To supervise a catering unit that the service provided meets the required contractual standards.
- Responsible for planning and cooking of meals, portion control, amendment of menus (where appropriate) and provision of special diets (where advised).
- Supervise and train kitchen staff in the methods of production and service and standard required at the unit including organization of work rotas and transportation of meals.
- Maintain accurate records as required by CBS e.g, stock control, sickness reporting, food orders, receipts, invoices, etc.
- Monitor food costs and productivity, taking appropriate action to achieve and maintain targets under the direction of Contract Manager.
- Maintain appropriate levels of hygiene and be responsible for all health and safety aspects in the kitchen area in accordance with the Code Of Practice and legislation.
- Promote and maintain good relationships with all customers - headteachers, parents and pupils.
- Recruit temporary staff and issue contracts of employment.
- Complete timesheets for kitchen staff accurately and on time.
- Report requirements for repair/maintenance of heavy kitchen equipment to HQ.
- Actively market the service e.g, encourage and provide other catering when required outside the current contract.
- Reconcile the tills and provide accurate cash records.
- Responsible for initial security or the kitchen area.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.