£19.17 - £20.74 per hour
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Category Manager on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The focus of this role will be to act as a Category Manager across multiple categories within the business. You will ensure that Procurement support is aligned to the structure, objectives and culture of the whole organisation, thus becoming an enabler to its business plan, objectives and deliverable.
You are required to collaborate with key stakeholders proactively identifying areas where Procurement can add measure able value, and to lead solutions in support of strategic goals and improving organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
You will also be required to take responsibility for delivering the Procurement vision and strategy and providing both formal line management support to those that report to you as well as leadership, coaching and general support to other members of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the business requirements are met and best value is delivered through procurement best practice processes.
- Supporting category strategies to ensure they are aligned with stakeholder's business plans and operational requirements, whilst managing risk effectively.
- Working collaboratively with the business to fully understand their objectives, performance issues, challenges and opportunities in terms of business deliverable against business plan for the coming period.
- Supporting delivery of a wave plan of Procurement activities for your category area(s) taking into account the business objectives and priorities.
- Ensuring that all expenditure is identified, routes to market are defined and maverick spend is measured and controlled.
- Acting as a P2P champion and working with your category areas to ensure compliant spend and reducing/minimising retrospective spend.
- Engaging with key internal stakeholders to ensure collaborative delivery of business benefits from progressive procurement to supplier performance management activities.
- Leading supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and ongoing supplier performance and life cycle management.
- Implementing best in class procurement disciplines and support the continuous development and improvement of these activities within the procurement team and across the business.
- Actively supporting the supplier relationship management framework and ensuring that its principles are adhered to the supplier life cycle.
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained in a professional manner that ensure suppliers are dedicated to high service levels and committed to contribute to Sovereign's strategic delivery.
- Ensuring that all Sovereign's policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner.
- Working closely with the Senior Procurement Manager(s), wider procurement team and business to deliver value for money to the business.
- Acting as an overall champion for Procurement Value for Money and efficiency across all activities.
- Championing risk management within the business, ensuring risk is understood and relevant mitigation is put in place to protect the business.
- Identifying, developing and successfully delivering commercially focused, client-responsive solutions, utilising a range of techniques including consultant methodology and project management techniques.
- Delivering procurement initiatives to the business, that contribute to achieving the strategic goals.
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of procurement services to the business, brokering the delivery of service on behalf of business leaders.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Sovereign's corporate objectives.
- Observing and complying with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participating in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Continuously seek realistic ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in your role, to help the department, and Sovereign, achieve its goals.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI number.
- 3 years written referencing (All gaps verified)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.