£9.16 - £9.62 per annum
10 days ago
Our client is seeking a Case Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To support the efficient delivery of licences, registrations and permits.
- To support the regulation of licences, registrations and permits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision process and determine licensing, registration, and permit applications where no representations from responsible authorities or other persons have been received.
- Under supervision to review applications to ensure they have been correctly made and liaise with applicants, colleagues or their advocates, giving help and advise if they are not.
- To act as a point of contact for the Customer Services Centre on licensing queries.
- To liaise with applicants, responsible authorities, Government agencies (such as the Police), to verify the accuracy of applications and to support enforcement interventions.
- Deliver a broad range of administration functions, e.g. photocopying, scanning, data collection, filing.
- Cover/support the work of other licensing officers, when they are absent or at times of high demand.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C or above (2 of which are English and Maths).
- Competent in the use of IT to support the administration of documents, spreadsheets, licences, permits and registrations.
- Manage customer interactions sensitively and promptly.
- Experience of relating to people and providing excellent customer service.
- Competent in the full range of administrative duties.
- Able to work independently, in teams and support your colleagues.
- Under supervision process and determine applications; ensuring statutory timescales are adhered. This will involve verifying the accuracy of the information supplied.
- Refer to a senior officer where appropriate - enquiries, applications, licenses for possible investigation, refusal and enforcement.
- Work effectively across NDC service and organisational boundaries.
- Determine routine applications without the need to seek advice.
- Ensure legislative timescales are met to avoid complaints/legal challenges.
- Under supervision provide advice to members of the public including enquiries and the completion of applications
- Share knowledge and personal and sensitive information with others, in accordance with NDC policies and relevant legal requirements.
- Prioritise work effectively, to enable efficient use of your own and others time, and ensure that critical deadlines are met.
- Help deliver high quality, efficient service.
For this role you will need the following:
- you are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Written references.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.