£10.50 - £11.02 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Carpenter to join our clients offices based in Coalville on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Carpenter, your main duties will include:
- Interpret information received from works orders, working drawings and/or verbal instructions by electronic and manual means.
- Calculate appropriate quantities of materials necessary to complete required tasks.
- Requisition materials from designated stores/suppliers and maintain vehicle stocks as appropriate by electronic and manual means.
- Full range of domestic carpentry duties including design, installation, repairs and maintenance.
- Liaise with other trades as necessary.
- Notify the supervisor of any necessary major variations from the work as stated on the works order
To be successful for this Carpenter post you will ned to have:
- NVQ level 2 in carpentry or industry recognised equivalent.
- Willing to undertake and pass relevant training courses relating to legislation as and when required.
- NVQ Level 3.
- Must have completed recognised craft apprenticeship together with post apprenticeship experience of repairs, maintenance and installation in domestic, residential and commercial buildings.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and good practice.
- Experience of driving a transit-type van.
- Able to be tactful and diplomatic.
- Able to deal with difficult tenants and/or members of the public.
- Physically able to gain access and carry out work in difficult locations and confined spaces.
- Ability to manhandle portable plant and equipment, etc.
- Ability to work safely with different types of access equipment and work at heights
- H and S legislation
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.