St. Ives, Cornwall
£9.00 - £9.45 per annum
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Car Park Attendant on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
42 Hours per week
To ensure the efficient operation of car parks and/or boat park. To hire out beach equipment (where applicable). (The exact requirements will be different dependant on the location of the post).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To keep traffic flowing from the highway into the car park and help people to park safely and sensibly.
- To collect fees and issue tickets for car parking.
- Keep accurate records of all transactions undertaken.
- To assist members of the public with car park ticket machines.
- To hire out beach equipment and collect the appropriate fee.
- To ensure the safe and sensible launching and retrieval of boats.
- To inspect passes and permits
- Monitor beach water course and sand quality.
- Inspect ticket issuing machines and general aspects of car park maintenance. Remedy any minor defects and report all others.
- Ensure that the car park is well maintained tidy. This may mean collecting large items of litter on occasion.
- Liaise with enforcement officers regarding vehicles parked in contravention of car park orders.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of lone working
- Experience of dealing with members of the public on potentially contentious matters (desirable)
- Experience of working in parking (desirable)
- Boat handling experience (desirable)
- Ability to carry out minor mechanical tasks
- Good self organisation and observation skills
- Ability to produce clearly written reports
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability and willingness to work on a shift system.
- Qualifications, training or other requirements
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Basic keyboard skills
- Full UK driving licence
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Your last 2 employees names.
- 3 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.