£9.36 - £9.82 per hour
24 days ago
Our client is seeking a Cafe Attendant on an initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
25 Hours per week
Monday - Sunday
To assist in the Parade Gardens cafe as required in the preparation of meals, food service, dish and utensil washing, general cleaning and other tasks associated with catering, handling payments and cashing up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Catering Supervisor to participate in the formulation of detailed Team objectives and policies.
- With the Catering Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives, including financial ones.
- To contribute to cross-service initiatives as required.
- To assist in ensuring the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity and health and safety issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To assist in ensuring effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Catering team.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff, service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
- Preparation of vegetables and fruits, simple sauces etc.
- To assist in the kitchen with simple food preparation for serving in the cafe.
- To operate kitchen machinery such as mixers, slicers, dishwasher, steriliser, etc. as required.
- To assist with the setting up of the service counter, service of the food according to type of service used and clearing of service area.
- To assist in the setting up of dining furniture and preparing room for dining and the clearing and dismantling of these.
- To wash crockery, cutlery, cooking and serving utensils and kitchen machinery.
- Ensure that a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness is maintained in and around the kiosk and entrance areas.
- Serving the public with food and drink as required.
- Handling cash, cashing up at end of day and storing cash for collection by others.
- To carry out such other duties as are required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Be willing to answer other queries that may be asked by members of the public.
- At certain points of the day the postholder will be expected to undertake bending and lifting in the course of their duties e.g. lifting trays of food in and out of the oven and to the service area, moving food stores following deliveries and moving tables, chairs and trolleys.
- 75% of the postholder's time will be exposed to heat and steam during cooking periods.
Skills and Experience:
- Basic cooking and cleaning skills.
- Ability to deal with members of the public in a friendly manner.
- Ability to handle cash.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases