£9.50 - £9.98 per hour
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Business Support Team is responsible for the County Council's support to Businesses throughout the County. This includes the Public Protection Service, County Farms, Enterprise Centres, Business advice and signposting, the new Single Point of Contact phone number, the Business Loan scheme and the Business Environment Network. The service works closely with the businesses, business representative organisations and economic regeneration partners and partnerships to identify business needs and to plan, commission and deliver a range of business support services to meet these needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide the a full range of secretarial and administrative support to senior managers in the Claims Management Unit, including diary management, receiving and distributing messages and documents, arranging travel and organising visits, initiating and managing routine correspondence, including the production of letters, minutes, memorandum and reports in an efficient and effective manner.
- To work closely with other senior officers and members of the team ensuring effective communication and consistency within the team.
- To assist with monitoring and maintenance of budgets and other financial transactions as directed by senior officers. This new and will effect the grade.
- To maintain staff records including liaison with HR.
- To maintain confidential and non-confidential filing systems, IT based and manual, and operate efficient and effective information retrieval systems ensuring compliance with any policies on recording, filing, retention and destruction.
- To maintain the "shared drive" for the Claims Management Unit, including managing the security of files.
- To act as a point of contact for officers, leading figures and service users who wish to contact the Unit using a high degree of discretion and diplomacy, dealing personally with issues where possible, or where appropriate, to direct callers to other members of staff or agencies.
- To co-ordinate the recruitment process for the Unit, including the processing of forms, liaising with HRSCC and ensuring deadlines are met.
- To be responsible for the recruitment and leavers process within the Unit, ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- To be customer focused and provide an efficient and effective customer service.
- To provide administrative assistance in relation to those departmental projects or events allocated by senior managers including providing administrative and secretarial cover across the unit for a range of tasks.
- To assist in obtaining, analysing and presenting management / performance information and statistics and, where appropriate, to undertake basic research and produce reports,
- To ensure satisfactory arrangements for the reception of visitors to the Unit, including provision of directions, arranging car parking, booking rooms and refreshments as necessary.
- To convene, prepare for and attend meetings, produce and dispatch reports of proceedings and resolutions and ensure agreed action is taken.
- To undertake any other duties required by senior managers which are commensurate with the grading of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Possess a relevant administrative qualification (e.g. NVQ3, HNC, CBA) or equivalent
- An IT qualification to the competency level of ECDL, CLAIT, etc.
- Word processing qualification equivalent to 50 wpm
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent, including good standards of literacy and numeracy in Maths and English
- Knowledge of regulatory / customer service or similar environment
- Secretarial / administrative experience supporting Senior management
- Experience of providing excellent customer service to consumers and businesses
- Experience in using Microsoft office or equivalent software package.
- Experience of working within a service that operates a Quality Management System
- Knowledge of Financial techniques and procedures.
- An understanding of the importance of customer care in a daily context.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and ability to establish good working relationships at all levels.
- Time management and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure and on own initiative.
- Capable of working either on your own or within a team.
For this job role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (all gaps verified)
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last two employers names.
A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.