£8.55 - £8.98 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on a initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide reception, clerical and administrative support to the Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services ensuring that administrative processes related to the work of the team are effectively and efficiently delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficient and effective use of information technology relative to the service including MS office applications, IBS systems, bespoke systems and the internet; in order to maintain data bases, update records, generate work and information reports including the placement of orders, issuing of invoices and responding to external email requests.
- Receive, answer and deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries from the general public, outside organisations and internal clients, in order to provide accurate information and excellent customer service, referring callers on only where matters require the personal attention of a team member.
- Undertake clerical and administrative duties, predominantly relating to Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services, including management of paper work for motor-related insurance claims, update of daily work sheets and route risk assessments, and ensuring that all correspondence and texts are dealt with promptly and to a high standard of presentation and that service standards are met or exceeded.
- Organise and carry out procedures for ordering and checking financial transactions for the team, including hire of vehicles as required, to ensure that supplies and financial records are maintained efficiently. This may include reconciliation of income, preparation of banking for submission to accounts, accurate input of work costings into the corporate systems including time sheets and holidays.
- Organise meetings and other events involving team members, if required attend, take notes and arrange and monitor subsequent follow up actions to ensure efficient and timely dispatch of business.
- To engage with service users, including preparation, distribution and analysis of questionnaires relating to the service; and contribution to campaigns and promotions, including; planning and assisting in events and the effective delivery of Services.
- Develop and maintain accurate recording systems and a comprehensive filing system, in order to provide efficient and readily-accessible sources of information and accurate statistics.
Skills and Experience:
- Broad general knowledge of Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services - to deal with complaints, enquiries.
- Understanding of service and processes.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Customer Services requirements and systems.
- Demonstrable experience of working within an office environment
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and a demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with other departments
- Effective administration and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Self reliance and confidence in difficult confrontational situations.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with enquiries by telephone or in person.
- Report writing.
- Flexible attitude and Can do attitude.
- Attention to detail.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligable to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
- 2 Years written Referencing (All gaps Verified)
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.