South East London, London
£13.59 - £14.64 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on an an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
15 Hours per week
Thursday and Friday
- The Business Services Officer will deliver project support for the health and safety, performance and quality, information technology and data management service portfolios across the division.
- The post holder will be responsible for delivering support and project management so helping to ensure effective and efficient project & programme delivery in business service functions across the Division.
- This will include managing, organising and controlling divisional support activities including project initiation, planning, resource allocation, task delivery, target setting and compliance management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide project support for developing and continuously improving business services.
- To develop policy, process and procedure for business services and support functions and monitoring their implementation and adherence.
- To work independently and with a high level of creativity within broad instructions and objectives provided by directing Managers. This will include drafting complex reports, briefings for Senior Managers, data preparation, analysis and interpretation
- To provide project support to ensure the development, management and maintenance of the health and safety and risk function within the Traded Services Division while supporting the divisional H&S Manager
- To provide project support to ensure the development, management and maintenance of information technology systems and applications within the Traded Services Division while supporting the divisional Systems and Applications Manager
- To provide project support on the achievement of collective objectives and provide cross functional, multi-site divisional quality and performance related services through collaboration, support, negotiation and communication and through close working with business service managers.
- Independently make recommendations for actions contained in individual projects including balancing of competing needs and priorities.
- To manage and maintain operational information in divisional IT systems and to operate and interrogate computerised (script and pictorial) systems.
- Develop and deliver own work programme in conjunction with line manager.
- To create statistical information associated with service delivery and management requests.
- Project Manage and deliver social value activities such as stakeholder engagement, our place in the community (schools, charity functions and local small business) and back to work / employment programmes, and provide support across all areas of Traded Services.
- Promote and deliver a customer centred service that is responsive to internal and external customer needs, and places resident and key stakeholder's involvement at the heart of the service.
- To co-ordinate and arrange delivery of training for and development of, front line and office based staff as directed including training matrix management in conjunction with senior managers.
- To coordinate and manage files and records for responses to members enquiries, Freedom of Information requests, complaints and Customer Service Centre enquiries including production of statistical information and liaising with managers to provide information, updates and solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience of working independently and delivering projects and programmes across a range of disciplines within broad instructions and objectives
- Experience of managing and maintaining project management databases
- Experience in administering project and programme support
- Experience in producing relevant reports for management for service delivery performance indicators using the relevant databases and other systems
- Working in a project and programme management environment
- Experience of working in a fast moving operational environment and how to organise and prioritise a workload
- Ability to work as part of a team, and successfully reconcile team and individual targets.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, and to adjust communication style and content to meet the needs of the audience.
- Ability to formulate practical solutions to problems given the constraints of the situation.
- Ability to make well reasoned decisions based on available information, within given time frames.
- Numerate, with strong analytic skills, and the ability to present information at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to negotiate issues, and to exert influence over the views and opinions of others.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to respond to the needs of customers politely and efficiently and to deal with issues calmly and objectively.
- Can use the available information technology effectively, and efficiently to meet work demands.
For this job role you will need the following:
- You must be eligable to work in the UK.
- Your last 2 previous employeers
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases