£10.00 - £10.50 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The post holder will provide administrative support to the SEN Service and an assigned SEN Team to enable the compliance with SEN statutory timescales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cohesively with the assigned SEN Team, to ensure the effective coordination, administration and delivery support to enable the team's compliance to meet statutory timescales. This will include the recording of information and advice onto the SEN case management system(s) which is completed accurately and a timely manner.
- To work cohesively with the assigned SEN Team, to ensure the effective coordination, administration and delivery of the statutory SEN Panels, which will include the identification and collation of the correct information for Panels, gathering advice and information from professional sources. Collation of the documents for the panel members, which would include some photocopying. The preparation of the documents for each weekly panel will need to be prepared in advance and circulated to the panel attendees.
- To attend the statutory SEN Service panels ensuring that the outcomes/decisions are reported correctly, are circulated out to the relevant professionals and updates completed on the SEN System promptly. This will include the preparation of agendas and minutes.
- To open and circulate the post to the relevant team or individuals. To monitor the SEN in-box and upload the necessary to documentation to case management system and/or other IT system. Alerting the SEN Team Manager/Senior SEN Practitioner/EHC Assessment and Review Co-Ordinator or SEN Case Officer to complaints, legal correspondence or queries from parents, carers, schools or other stakeholders received in these formats.
- To be the main point of contact for the SEN Service and the assigned SEN Team either by telephone or email. This will include responding to calls in a calm and efficient manner, which will include putting calls through to the correct person or taking accurate notes and providing detailed information to enable a prompt response is provided to the caller or correspondent.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate flexibility, teamwork, the ability to work on his/her own initiative and have a positive attitude.
- The phone lines are open from 8.30am to 5pm and the post holder must be able to cover these timings.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined are indicative of the role, but they are not exhaustive and may be subject to change. In addition, you will be required to undertake other reasonable duties as directed by your SEN Team Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in busy office.
- IT literate - knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word,.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate awareness of confidentiality.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases