£10.14 - £10.65 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Business Support Officer to join our offices based in Badminton on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Business Support Officer, your main duties include:
- Provide administrative support to managers ensuring work carried out is efficient and procedures are effectively implemented.
- Act as a main point of contact for the department and provide effective communication when dealing with enquiries and information requests.
- Collate and maintain records and analyse information to ensure accurate statements are produced and data is retrieved from computerised systems and interpreted.
- Research information within your area of service specialism and collate evidence for presentation in reports. This may include drafting sections of documents for use by others.
- Interact with customers, colleagues and partners to maintain strong working relationships.
- Communicate specific concerns, queries and issues and ensure they are accurately and promptly relayed when necessary.
- Accurately record and also assist in the monitoring and maintaining of budgets/ financial information and resources.
To be successful for this Business Support Officer post you will need to have:
- You will hold a minimum qualification of 3 grade C's at GCSE (or equivalent qualification) including English and Maths or you will hold equivalent relevant experience within a similar role in administration.
- Ability to work at pace and produce error free work.
- Experience in minute taking.
- Experience of handling challenging calls from and to young people regarding life skills and life experiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively to service users, professionals and partnership agencies using a variety of media i.e. email, phone, face to face etc.
- IT knowledge and its practical application, including experience of using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferably Word. Have knowledge of formatting, editing of word documents and typing reports.
- A knowledge of relevant processes and procedures, an understanding of relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- Excellent communication skills, using a variety of media with service users, staff, professionals and external agencies.
- Excellent customer service dealing with general public, able to use initiative and judgement to resolve day-to-day problems.
- You will have a clear understanding of relevant regulations and codes of practice related to children services.
- You will have an NVQ 2 or 3 GCSE's grades C or above or equivalent qualification.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £10.14 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.