City of London, London
£11.51 - £12.08 per hour
27 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Officer to join our clients offices based in City of London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Business Support Officer your main duties will include:
- Responsible for delivering specific administrative processes that support the work of a service area or professional discipline. Requiring understanding of the context of operation and potentially legal or regulation activity that underpins actions. At this level the worker will be required to apply pre-set criteria but also seek out solutions to address presenting problems.
- Apply council wide administrative processes which support the work of the section or discipline; e.g. ordering goods and services etc.
- Maintain IT systems, including local and corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases, text files, web based outputs. Be able to respond to queries on at least one corporate IT system, give support to others and be able to produce appropriate outputs, e.g. reports.
- Working with council functions, colleagues or partner services to find out information and where appropriate coordinate responses to enquiries made internally or externally. On occasions queries may be multi-layered and responses may have longer term implications for the Council needing input from senior staff or other disciplines, legal, HR etc.
- Make contact by phone; compose correspondence and e-mails as part of the application of processes or in response to specific enquiries. Be accountable for related follow up action where appropriate to the role and section's purpose.
- Compose and produce written and statistical reports, using council IT systems, Microsoft Office suite or other appropriate software. This may be running standard reports or the worker may design for a specific need.
- Supervise one or more staff involved in the provision of administrative tasks - this will depend on the organisation of the Section, but the potential to supervise is integral at this level. In all areas, provide guidance on administrative matters to colleagues.
To be successful for this Business Support Officer post you will need to have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office at a level to compile; reports (including embedded tables / diagrams), correspondence, presentations, maintaining spreadsheets, meeting arrangements.
- Knowledge of how equal opportunities principles apply in administrative and customer services.
- To understand the principles of supervision.
- Literacy skills in order to research and produce reports, management information, non-standard correspondence, minutes and accurate records of meetings.
- Numeracy skills in order to compile statistical and financial information and undertake complex calculations.
- To have significant administrative experience including:
- interpreting policy/ procedural guidance, where courses of action are not clear, and advise others accordingly
- compiling and maintaining records and administrative systems both manual and computerised
- managing manual and IT records to achieve efficiency and confidentiality
- using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software
- organising and prioritising a workload, managing conflicting demands.
- working in a customer focused environment,
- Experience of composing written materials that meet customers' needs:-
- original correspondence,
- appropriate use of e-mail
- simple reports,
- administration of meetings including note/minute taking
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to encourage positive working relationships with staff and colleagues.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.