£10.14 - £10.64 per hour
21 days ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on the initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
This role works within the Business Support Team to provide support to both the rest of the Operational Support division and the wider Environment and Community Services department.
The post holder will carry out a range of duties including maintaining databases and records, carrying out data inputting tasks, interpreting information and drafting content for use by others where appropriate. This could be supporting any of the work areas in the ECS department, for example Planning, Housing Enabling, Safe & Strong, Streetcare and Transportation teams. They may be responsible for monitoring team mailboxes, taking minutes and chasing actions, supporting with documentation and project work, prioritising queries and co-ordinating responses.
They will use good communication skills to liaise with customers to clarify requirements, and where issues are unclear they will seek the guidance of the Committee & Business Support Supervisor. They will use their knowledge and experience of work areas across the department to provide a high quality service to all teams. They will provide basic guidance and advice to the H12 Business Support Admin Assistants.
The Business Support Officers will be able to prioritise tasks and exercise a degree of self-management of workload, in consultation with the Committee & Business Support Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Carrying out the organisation and administration of meetings, including attending and taking the minutes where appropriate
- Managing mailboxes across a variety of work areas and directing post and queries to the correct place
- Maintaining databases and records in conjunction with service teams, inputting data accurately and helping to report on outcomes
- Working with the external teams to process information on issues such as plant enquiries and other applications for service
- Providing ad hoc business support to the department, including printing, photocopying, helping to organise and attend events
Skills and Experience-
- Experience in administration across a range of different disciplines and skills
- A minimum qualification of 3 grade C's at GCSE (or equivalent qualification) including English and Maths, or equivalent relevant experience
- IT knowledge and its practical application, including experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to collate and communicate information
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.