£9.91 - £10.41 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Officer on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Tuesday - Friday
In accordance with the Council's policy and procedures, assist Officers in the Safer Communities Team in aspects of their roles including triaging new cases of ASB reported to the City Council. Responding to complaints, taking minutes of meetings, keeping accurate records and drafting documents for use in legal bundles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB) Officers to triage complaints of ASB to the Council. Ensure that these complaints are allocated to the appropriate team within the council and the complainant updated.
- Respond to initial enquiries and reported complaints of ASB and serious neighbour nuisance.
- To use various internal databases to ensure that cases are updated. To ensure that all records are kept accurately and securely in accordance with policies and procedures.
- To assist with the preparation of case files for use in legal proceedings or other action.
- To produce accurate minutes for meetings as requested. Use Microsoft Office programmes and in house databases as required.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the line manager from time to time in accordance with the grading of the post.
- Observe the Council's equal opportunities and racial equality policies in all aspects of employment and service provision.
- Be aware of, and comply with, the Council's policies and procedures on health and safety at work by adopting safe working practices; reporting any accidents and/or unsafe or hazardous conditions to management; and to do everything reasonable to prevent personal injury to one's self, fellow workers and members of the public.
- To ensure confidentiality at all times in all matters relating to any work or communication within the Department and the Council.
Skills and Experience:
- Working in a customer service environment.
- Dealing with customers at all levels.
- Representing an organisation to internal and external customers and stakeholder.
- Good understanding of the issues surrounding Anti-Social Behaviour and their relationship to Community Safety.
- Understanding of the needs of vulnerable individuals,
- Knowledge of safeguarding issues.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interpersonal, written and oral.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to internal, external colleagues and customers.
- Professional and flexible approach and attitude.
- Well motivated with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to think creatively.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases