£12.85 - £13.49 per hour
4 months ago
ur client is seeking a Business Support Assistant on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £12.85 P/H PAYE
The post holder will provide proactive and customer focused administrative support as part of Corporate Services Business Support Team. Support will be responsive to the needs of the business support function and those it supports. In addition to providing responsive support, the post holder will be assigned specific areas of responsibility which will include a range of duties including document management, diary management including support for events and visits and systems and database management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take responsibility for specified areas of administrative business support and develop and maintain an understanding of those areas, and any associated systems.
- Undertake analysis and research on specific issues.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of a range of business processes, procedures and systems.
- Undertake systems based work through data entry, data interrogation and data assurance
- Supporting the development, maintenance and compilation of management/statistical information, and reports from databases and information systems
- Liaising with service users, e.g. Managers, suppliers, external customers, visitors.
- Diary management including an awareness of work programmes and associated deadlines
- Deal efficiently and courteously, with tact and diplomacy, to all queries and correspondence, both written and verbal from a wide range of internal and external customers. Use initiative and established procedures to resolve queries at the first point of contact or escalate when appropriate within agreed timescales and procedure.
- Prepare and draft reports, responses to correspondence, complaints, Freedom of Information requests, corporate requests for information and local and national matters of public, governmental and national interest.
- Document management including the maintenance of filing systems.
- Minute meetings as required including CMT, Programme Boards and other meetings as required.
- Support the organisation and successful delivery of specific events and visits
- Liaise with senior local and central government officers, politicians, community representatives and private and voluntary sector organisation representatives
- Ensuring confidentiality, professional integrity and discretion is maintained at all times.
- To promote a strong customer focus within the team and the organisation as a whole.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with a wide range of people including senior managers, general public and outside agencies.
- The ability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of individuals, organisations and members of the public.
- Excellent self-management, planning and organisational skills to work on own initiative, make decisions to manage own workload, achieve deadlines and meet customer requirements.
- Excellent IT skills including good word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Able to manage priorities and deadlines.
- The ability to provide creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility in approach to tasks.
- Significant experience of working in an office environment, providing a business support function.
- Experience of providing senior manager support.
- Experience of co-ordinating and successfully executing a wide range of tasks.
- Demonstrable experience of co-ordinating, collating and managing information appropriately.
- Experience of providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases