£9.74 - £10.23 per hour
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Assistant on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
22 Hours per week
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
To provide an administrative support service (to include some finance duties) to support the work of Children and Family Services and its activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide a consistent and reliable high quality administration service to Children and Family Services. Providing cover and support for other admin staff as required, and carrying out administrative duties including: photocopying; processing incoming and outgoing mail; collating; preparing and distributing paperwork for meetings and review; and other clerical tasks.
Undertake tasks related to bookings of rooms, events and training programmes including maintaining records, providing information, booking venues, managing bookings and undertaking administrative preparation associated with events.
Support service activities, including taking telephone calls, collection of post.
Maintain up to date records and database for the Team and support production of reports.
Maintain financial records via the Agresso system.
Arrange meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and other documentation. To attend meetings and take minutes as required.
Contribute to the continuous improvement, performance and quality of the service.
Updating web content.
Ensure that actions taken by the post holder comply with Council policy.
Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required. This may include a range of tasks as the post holder will be part of a small team.
To maintain supplies of office stationery and equipment, placing orders and processing invoices.
Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years office experience.
- Experience of producing accurate data and documents
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role.
- Experience of payments and invoices.
- Experience of organising and minuting meetings.
- Knowledge and understanding Understanding of the local government environment.
- Knowledge of children's services.
- Skills and abilities Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information.
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Enjoy working as part of a team E Able to work with infrequent supervision.
- Prepared to accept responsibility.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases