£9.74 - £10.22 per hour
18 days ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Assistant on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Wednesday - Friday, 22 Hours
Pay Rate: £9.74 P/H PAYE
To provide an administrative support service (to include some finance duties) to support the work of Children and Family Services and its activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide a consistent and reliable high quality administration service to Children and Family Services. Providing cover and support for other admin staff as required, and carrying out administrative duties including: photocopying; processing incoming and outgoing mail; collating; preparing and distributing paperwork for meetings and review; and other clerical tasks.
- Undertake tasks related to bookings of rooms, events and training programmes including maintaining records, providing information, booking venues, managing bookings and undertaking administrative preparation associated with events.
- Support service activities, including taking telephone calls, collection of post. Maintain up to date records and database for the Team and support production of reports.
- Maintain financial records via the Agresso system.
- Arrange meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and other documentation. To attend meetings and take minutes as required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement, performance and quality of the service.
- Updating web content.
- Ensure that actions taken by the post holder comply with Council policy.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required. This may include a range of tasks as the post holder will be part of a small team.
- To maintain supplies of office stationery and equipment, placing orders and processing invoices.
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity.
- Comply with WBC health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others.
- Adhere to the standards set out in the WBC competency framework.
Skills and Experience:
- GCSE grade C in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent
- Minimum of two years office experience
- Experience of producing accurate data and documents
- Experience of working in a multi-agency setting
- Experience of working in a fast-paced administrative role
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Experience of payments and invoices
- Experience of organising and minuting meetings
- Understanding of the local government environment
- Knowledge of children's services
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Able to work with infrequent supervision
- Prepared to accept responsibility
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases