£9.07 - £10.07 per hour
8 months ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Assistant to join our client's offices based in Dorset on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £9.07 p/h PAYE.
As the Business Support Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Act as the first point of contact for general enquiries to the Planning team by phone, in person, by post or email providing general planning advice and assistance and providing guidance including where to find further information on external websites and the Council's own website.
- Take bookings and payments for appointments at the planning surgeries and fees for general planning enquiries.
- Assist where required with collating, downloading, registering, acknowledging and taking payments for planning applications and associated applications including those submitted via the Planning Portal
- Carry out general administrative and clerical duties including scanning and indexing relating to the Development Management service and dealing with incoming post
- Under the direction of the Senior Business Support Officer, assist with Committee administration where necessary
- Assist with the collation of documents associated with planning and enforcement appeals
- Input data to maintain up to date planning records including submission of representations on applications
- Operating the computer systems within the Service including the planning database, the GIS and Financial systems.
To be successful for this Business Support Assistant post you will need to have:
- Relevant and transferrable experience in an administrative role using a variety of computerised systems.
- Experience in working as frontline contact for members of the public
- Have a sound IT awareness with experience of working on Microsoft applications or similar data applications
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.