£9.36 - £9.82 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Assistant on an initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Contribute to the development of, and gain support for, the Directorate's shared values, vision, policies objective and strategies from staff, service users, other agencies and the public. To provide a high level of Business Support service to all professional service staff across the Council. Support the delivery of excellent service, whatever their location/functionality, ensuring work is completed within agreed standards and timescales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Managers and Business Support staff as appropriate to operate within Directorate financial and administrative policies and practices.
- To ensure that the operation of systems, processes and procedures support the service management process, providing a comprehensive Business Support service.
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by self. Including: Set and update work objectives, plan activities and determine work methods to achieve objectives, allocate work and evaluate self iv Give support as required to managers, whom this post holder will come into contact with on a daily basis.
- Undertake monitoring and maintenance of all information systems. From corporate system such as customer complaints, performance information data to Directorate/Service bespoke systems such as GIS, care plans and records for annual leave (non exhaustive).
- Provide regular reports through the use of technology and systems and assist in the creation / evaluation of such.
- To provide a high quality customer service to both internal and external customers within the area office and local establishments in accordance with the Directorate's Customer Care Policy. To undertake reception duties where appropriate ensuring customer excellence standards are maintained. Produce reports, letters and other processed communications sometimes of a sensitive nature, in line with pre-defined standards.
- To ensure the smooth running of the office through provision of general administration activities including filing, photocopying, dealing with telephone and fax enquiries (non exhaustive).
Skills and Experience:
- Possess Institute of Customer Services Communications Award or NVQ Level 2 Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience of using window based packages.
- Experience of dealing with the public either face to face, telephone or written capacity.
- To demonstrate problem solving capabilities.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- A commitment to self development including ability to attend training courses which may be away from the office and be prepared to undertake further training as identified.
- Flexible and responsible approach to work.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases