West End, London
£12.33 - £12.95 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Support Administrator on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37.5 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Grenfell Insight and Intelligence team supports the Grenfell Directorate through doing the following:
* Providing the single team through which reporting to central government, elected members, strategic partners and senior managers is managed.
* Supporting front-line teams with accurate, timely and robust reporting to lead and enable service delivery.
* Understanding and leading business insight and antics needs to drive the development and improvement in the delivery of the Grenfell response.
* Provide the key role of validating, maintaining and amending master data and service data.
* Managing directorate processes on Information Governance and Information Security working with corporation information and governance teams.
* Managing the governance processes.
* Providing assurance through oversight of decision making across the service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure that Subject Access Requests (SARs) move smoothly through the process and are completed accurately and promptly.
* Logging new requests on case management systems.
* Managing the progress of requests through the different stages of the process, assigning work items to different teams / colleagues as they progress.
* Requesting data and information from colleagues and other teams.
* Chasing data requests as needed.
* Exporting and extracting information from IT systems.
* Compiling request files to be disclosed.
* Ensure good record keeping and accurate and up to date information is held in relevant systems.
Freedom of Information Requests:
* Maintain a central log of FOI requests.
* Manage the FOI inbox, assigning work as required.
* Archive historic correspondence from previous FOI requests.
Team Support duties:
* To provide general administrative support, such as minute taking, photocopying and document management.
* To carry out all duties in accordance with relevant Council, directorate and local policies, procedures and standards.
* To be aware of the Council's Health and Safety Policy and to work safely.
* To attend and participate in a range of meetings as appropriate.
* To participate in training and make constructive use of supervision and performance review to enhance opportunities for personal development, and to contribute improvements to the service.
* To carry out the responsibilities of the post at all times with due regard to equal opportunities, the Data Protection Act and the maintenance of confidentiality and service user choice.
* To develop good working relationships with all stakeholders.
* To undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by line managers.
Skills and Experience:
Experience working in an Information Governance role on FOIs or SARs.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Substantial experience performing a similar role.
* Excellent attention to detail and highly thorough.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability and confidence to operate at all levels.
* Capable self-starter.
* Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs.
* Excellent problem-solving skills Job Title: Business Support Officer - Information Governance.
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases