£9.94 - £10.44 per hour
14 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Support to join our clients offices based in Macclesfield on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Business Support, your main duties will include:
- Consistently deliver high standards of accuracy and quality in minute taking for complex, sensitive and emotionally demanding multi-agency child protection/child sexual exploitation conferences.
- Consistently meet all statutory timescales for the production of records of child protection/child sexual exploitation conferences. Following the chairperson's approval, ensuring that the decisions and recommendations are distributed within 24 hours and the minutes within 15 working days of the conference to ensure the multiagency participants are fully aware of the decisions and recommendations agreed
- Liaise with Social Services staff, and staff from other agencies, to ensure the efficient organization of multi-agency child protection/child sexual exploitation case conferences within Department of Health timescales. Ensure optimum attendance, prepare and send out information for those attending the conference to enable effective participation so that informed decisions can be taken.
- Responsible for designing, developing, monitoring and maintaining records and systems, manual and computer, to ensure an effective and efficient service. Ensuring the accuracy, quality and integrity of this data at all times
- Respond sensitively and professionally to enquiries both verbally and/or in writing, from a wide range of contacts, professionals and families, determining their importance using discretion in formulating responses in accordance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures, to ensure standards are maintained and advice on the area of work is consistently given
- Undertake duties as part of the Children's Safeguarding Unit as appropriate to ensure that operational needs are met through appropriate flexible team working, including the preparation of statistical information and reports, collating, researching and analysing data and presenting the results in a clear, concise format to assist senior managers and staff in other agencies, to enable them to understand and fully participate in processes and procedures and to inform policy development
To be successful for this Business Support post you will need to have:
- NVQ level 3, or equivalent, qualification in a relevant field
- RSA3 typing qualification or equivalent
- GCSEs, or equivalent, including English and maths
- Some business support/administrative experience, preferably working in a busy office environment
- Some supervisory (work allocation/monitoring and/or training) experience
- Developed ICT skills - including knowledge of databases and Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Able to accurately minute meetings (including case conferences involving professional jargon and medical terminology)
- Good attention to detail - able to produce reports, write letters and compile/present statistics to a high level of accuracy
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.