£7.70 - £8.09 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Business Services Assistant on an initial 1 months contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide administrative or clerical support, and / or provide reception service presenting a positive image of the Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and update documents using standard formats or templates.
- Input and maintain records and documents.
- Make routine arrangements and bookings and prepare straight forward materials for and provide support at external/internal events and activities.
- Filing, checking or matching data to ensure records are maintained.
- Record and process routine financial information e.g. collating, charges and sale of goods.
- Receive visitors and provide/request information in person and by telephone in a courteous manner promoting customer care.
- Issue and discharge service materials.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of an office environment.
- Accuracy and ability to prioritise tasks (within a broader routine).
- Ability to exchange basic information verbally or in writing.
- ICT skills which include the use of bespoke databases, spreadsheets, word processing packages.
- Appropriate knowledge of office equipment.
- Ability to apply relevant Council policies and procedures and understand the activities of the work section.
- Good customer liaison and communications skills.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Ability to organise the work load Of team.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases