£8.60 - £9.03 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Services Administration Assistant on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide a comprehensive range of administrative support services as directed by the Business Services Team Leader, ensuring services are provided to the constabulary through efficient working in the Central Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain asset register on Share point. Ensure new assets are added to the register and distributed accordingly. Ensure that each year the asset list is updated and audit able; ensuring managers provide updates where applicable.
- Procure goods and services through an electronic procurement system ensuring that the Constabulary's financial and procurement rules are adhered to and that we achieve value for money.
- Procure travel and accommodation in line with Travel Policy ensuring that the Constabulary achieves the best value for money possible.
- Take and resolve supplier enquiries in a timely and professional manner. Where appropriate, undertake supplier statement reconciliation in order to resolve queries.
- Complete necessary processes for invoice reconciliation and supplier enablement in accordance with force policy.
- Ensure ORACLE is updated with all new customer information.
- Routine tasks associated with the reconciliation of councils petty cash accounts for inclusion into the General Ledger, solving basic anomalies and escalating to the Business Services Administration Officer as appropriate.
- Routine tasks associated with the receipt and banking of income (including debtors) for inclusion into the General Ledger, solving basic anomalies and escalating to the Business Services Administration Officer as appropriate.
- Create and obtain authorisation for cheques as required, ensuring an accurate audit trail is kept and maintained.
- Support the Business Services Administration Officer as required.
- Process and respond to civil litigation correspondence in a professional, sensitive and timely fashion as directed by the Business Services Administration Officer.
- Input of road traffic collision reports on to the Constabulary's traffic management system.
- Coordinate information and arrangements regarding events on highways.
- To support the Community Safety Units with the administration of It's your Choice and similar initiatives as appropriate.
- Receive and manage specific Fixed Penalty Notice information and maintain accurate records for audit purposes, including the update of the SLEUTH system with detection's.
- Ensure that all calls coming into the Central Services are answered as soon as possible and messages forwarded to the appropriate person in a timely manner. Deal with telephone enquiries on a range of departmental issues and instigate an appropriate response.
- Provide personnel information to ACPO and Almanac as requested. Place orders for new directories / Almanacs and distribute. Ensure the invoice is matched to the order and ensure payment.
- Complete room booking requests as appropriate. Update Estates with any room layout requests and any catering requests are action-ed. Where cancellations are received, ensure all relevant parties are informed.
- Use appropriate IT systems to complete relevant processes including ordering, word processing, input to Excel spreadsheets and the updating of intranet (Share Point) information.
- Ensure that all sensitive correspondence is completed in a timely and confidential manner.
- Support the Business Services Administration Officer to organise awards ceremonies.
- Undertake Holmes typing when necessary to support major incidents, from the Central Services Department during working hours.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous administrative and clerical experience.
- Proven organisational skills.
- IT literate, including use of spreadsheets/Microsoft Office packages.
- Competent keyboard skills.
- Evidence of good communication skills.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
- 3 GCSEs passes (grade C+) including English & Maths (or equivalent/demonstrable competence).
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Written references.
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.