£12.69 - £15.79 per hour
about 1 month ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Business Grants Support Officer within the local authorities in Nuneaton.
To deal with the effective assessment and processing of business support grants in relation to COVID.
Main Activities (Corporate)
- Be committed to the Council's Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values
- An understanding and awareness of the concept of "Making Every Contact Count" (MECC), attending training where necessary.
- Ensure the delivery of service standards, quality, and performance targets in accordance with the Council's Corporate Plan, the Service Unit Service Development Plan and agreed personal objectives
- Contribute to the development of a creative and open work culture and environment where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies and practices incorporated in the Borough Council's "Health and Safety Policy Statement and Manual" and other legislative requirements.
- Ensure that the Council's equal opportunities policies, practices and action plans are fully complied with, and be personally accountable for carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with these.
Main Activities (Service Related)
- To assess and process COVID support grants and reliefs to business, including reviewing financial information
- To deal with all enquiries from businesses and other agencies in relation to COVID business support.
- To assist in communicating the Councils policies in relation to COVID business support grants
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraudulent applications in respect of COVID business support grants
Experience and Qualifications
- Recent and relevant experience of working in a Local Taxation or Economic Development environment
- Recent and relevant experience of working in an office environment with computer and manual records
- Knowledge of Local Taxation and/or a large-scale billing computer system.
- Qualifications at level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths 2
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09:00-5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.