£13.99 - £14.69 per hour
19 days ago
Our client is seeking a Business & Finance Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £13.99 P/H PAYE
Provide, manage and develop service and corporate financial business support to the Company in order to facilitate the effective management of resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise and liaise with operational managers and with the Council's Finance Service to ensure that detailed capital and revenue budgets are prepared and maintained for specific projects and commercial activity in order to meet Financial Standing Orders and current policies and guidelines.
- Collate and analyse financial information on specific key projects and commercial activity and provide an advisory service to individual managers to satisfy their needs and meet the corporate requirements of the Company.
- Provide and evaluate project and commercial operations data for incorporation within financial reports to the Board to ensure that decisions are taken with full knowledge of all resource implications.
- Maintain and lead on the development of computerised systems to satisfy managers and corporate needs. Contribute to the effective preparation of final accounts and related statutory returns for specific areas of responsibility allocated to the job, to meet with the Company's procedures and statutory obligations and timetables.
- Review, in conjunction with individual operational managers, performance against commercial targets to ensure that appropriate actions are taken in accordance with current financial and service policies and guidelines.
- Lead, initiate and maintain relationships with operational managers, suppliers and other relevant parties, to ensure effective day to day liaison and operation between Council's Finance Service and take remedial action to maintain continuity of service and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure, for all areas of activity covered by the job, that all relevant project finance and commercial activity reporting is submitted to meet specified reporting deadlines and that appropriate payments are initiated and income accounted for to optimise cash flow to the Company.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.