Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£12.47 - £13.09 per hour
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our clients offices based in Sheffield on a temporary contract basis for 9 months with the possibility of extension.
As the Business Analyst, your main duties will include:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks according to priorities and schedules agreed with the contract and business
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of reports and data sources and ability to design, generate and amend according to the needs of the business
- Support the secure delivery of accurate information using documented processes and procedures ensuring accuracy is maintained at all times.
- Provide support services to internal and external customers covering ad-hoc reporting, data analysis, data validation and technical guidance.
- Create and maintain accurate, understandable documentation for all processes and systems.
- Demonstrate initiative and highlight opportunities for improvements and good levels of communication
To be successful for this Business Analyst post you will need to have:
- Advanced computer literacy including experience of using MS Excel to connect to external data sources, constructing large/complex data sets and using Pivot tables to summarise the data.
- Ability to write SQL queries and understand complex databases
- Experience of using modern BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI to develop reports and perform ad-hoc data analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply data analysis principles to evaluate information effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills be a logical thinker and have an analytical mind.
- Good communication skills; liaison with internal and external customers to determine and document requirements is a key part of the role
40 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.