£21.62 - £22.70 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Business Analyst on an initial 8 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Business Analyst researches and documents business need, processes, data and requirements to provide clarity to project teams. They will also work with business stakeholders/product owners to agree pragmatic approaches to projects based on a philosophy of phased incremental delivery of releasable products using a prioritised backlog of functional, non-functional and technical requirements that will adjust as each phase is delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continue the development of the businesses technology platform by proposing and defining detailed solutions that can be built by the software development team to position as a world class provider of supply chain solutions.
- Capture requirements and propose technology-based solutions to facilitate the growth of the business, via new product launches, improvements to the user journey and/or the implementation of automation.
- Work with the business MD and senior management team to help deliver a comprehensive set of management information from the technology platform that can be used to assist management decisions and strategy planning.
- Work with 3rd party providers or clients to define integration interfaces and processes for data sharing between the various systems.
- Process and Change Management
- Assist the operational teams and management in the development of business processes for all business functions to be able to identify opportunities to innovate, automate and deliver new technology services to the businesses Contractor and Client community to establish the leading provider of supply chain solutions.
- Facilitate the change management process by overseeing the testing and release management process for new developments, upgrades, and bug fixes.
- Become a domain expert in the detailed processes, work flows and data structure of the businesses technology platform and the operational processes that the platform supports.
- Solution Design Proposition support
- Support the Businesses senior management team with new product developments, acquisitions or new product roll outs and integration's as required
- Manage the various requirements of the business, ensuring that a practical approach is taken to assessing the options and how these can be implemented within the systems
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with department heads and provide technology-based input to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations/development.
- Create a structured mechanism for collating, prioritising and managing the various development enhancements, changes, new initiatives and updates requested of the system and establish a clear reporting mechanism to report on status and progress of these items.
- Platform support
- Provide domain expert support, to assist the platform support resources in troubleshooting bugs and incidents from time to time.
Skills and Experience:
- Recent experience supporting Business Process and Change Engagement Activities in a small to medium sized commercial organisation.
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst
- Experienced in Business relationship management
- Experience of business requirements analysis and documentation
- Experience of process modelling and optimisation
- Microsoft based application stack experience
- (Ideally) Cloud computing experience
- Experience of being involved in business transformation and automation projects in a process driven organisation.
- Experience of defining requirements and specifications for e-commerce B2B or B2C websites
- Practical experience of all areas of a software project life cycle from conception, scoping, requirements, through to specification, development, testing and release in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Any knowledge of Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality assessment standards (e.g. ISO, etc) desirable.
- Strong analytic skills able to understand complex business challenges and be able to translate these into logical, pragmatic solutions
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with all levels within a business and, where required, comfortable being customer facing.
- Handling conflicting priorities between different specialist groups.
- Ability to translate business requirements and user requirements into detailed specifications, use cases, work flow and business rules.
- A genuine interest in current and emerging technologies and appreciation of how these could be utilised to support the businesses growth strategy.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and being accountable for delivering customer facing technology applications and services.
- Able to provide innovative technology-based solutions to complex business problems.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases