£16.50 - £20.54 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
27 days ago
A 6 month+ opportunity for a Building H&S Compliance Officer has arisen within the local authorities in Bedfordshire.
- Lead the Covid Service arrangements for CBC
- Provide customer focused specialist advice within the Council and externally, promoting the work of the Councils and their reputation
- To deal with a range of COVID-19 compliance issues
- To provide practical support to aid and encourage compliance
- To assist in taking enforcement action of COVID-19 regulations or guidance where necessary
- Provide customer focused specialist advice regarding COVID-19 Regulations and guidance within the Councils and externally including keeping up to date with current and emerging legislation, best practice and policy and ensuring continuous development and improvement in services.
- To maintain the performance and progress reports on Covid-19 compliance work and statistical data as required by the Head of FM and Buildings H&S Manage
- To monitor and report on the status of compliance and risks and develop technical requirements to enable compliance. To ensure that CBC can demonstrate compliance with all statutory legal requirements for the corporate property portfolio.
- Commission, and where practicable carryout, and review property related risk assessments including fire, water and asbestos. Manage the Council's fire, asbestos and legionella management plans for the corporate property portfolio. Ensure the recommendations contained are actioned by the responsible person and/or organise works through contractors.
- Ensure all contractors employed by the Council carry out their works in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation through implementation and management of permit to work systems and on site monitoring.
Skills and Experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos or equivalent
- BOHS P902 Water Hygiene Management or equivalent
- In depth experience of Health and Safety legislation and working methods that need to be applied to ensure building compliance
- Extensive experience of working within a compliance role impacting on statutory Health and Safety issues
- Managing and procurement of risk assessments and the implementation of the actions identified.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Rate of Pay:
Umbrella Company: £20.54
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.