£16.50 - £17.33 per hour
11 days ago
Our client is seeking a Buildings H&S Compliance Officer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- This post is responsible for ensuring the corporate property portfolio meets all legal requirements and that Staff, Customers and Members who use the services can do so in a safe manner.
- To act as the principal adviser on building compliance matters for all the Council property portfolio.
- Provide professional advice to the Head of FM and other Council Officers, carrying out safety audits, risk assessments and organising essential repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead on or contribute to the preparation, update and publication of property related Health and Safety policies and procedures (including asbestos, fire and water management) in conjunction with the Corporate Health and Safety Manager and the Assets Management Team to ensure that the Council complies with its legal obligations.
- To monitor and report on the status of compliance and risks and develop technical requirements to enable compliance. To ensure that CBC can demonstrate compliance with all statutory legal requirements for the corporate property portfolio.
- Continually review and audit Health and Safety asset information available on the Council's property management systems and other relevant databases.
- Commission, and where practicable carryout, and review property related risk assessments including fire, water and asbestos. Manage the Council's fire, asbestos and legionella management plans for the corporate property portfolio. Ensure the recommendations contained are actioned by the responsible person and/or organise works through contractors.
- Organise asbestos refurbishments and demolition surveys, and organise and manage all asbestos removal works.
- Assisting with the management and implementation of emergency procedures for all corporate buildings including ensuring adequate coverage is in place.
- Ensure all contractors employed by the Council carry out their works in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation through implementation and management of permit to work systems and on site monitoring.
- To provide expert advice, guidance and communication campaigns on all Health & Safety and building compliance matters to colleagues, councillors and members of the public - including Head-teachers/Governing bodies, and to negotiate effectively on behalf of the Council to meet its corporate objectives.
- Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from line manager or when specialist advice is required.
- Carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Line Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- In depth experience of Health and Safety legislation and working methods that need to be applied to ensure building compliance.
- Extensive experience of working within a compliance role impacting on statutory Health and Safety issues.
- Managing and procurement of risk assessments and the implementation of the actions identified.
- Assessing the technical competencies of contractors and consultants .
- Extensive risk assessment experience and a proven track record in setting up a statutory compliance system.
- Experience in managing asbestos in buildings and asbestos surveying and removal procedures in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations and supporting Approved Code of Practice.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Determination to drive delivery and completion of tasks in a timely and well-ordered manner.
- Collaborative partnership working style.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Years Written referencing (All gaps verified).
- A suitable NI Number.
- Driving Licence.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.