Royal Leamington Spa
£20 - £25 per hour + DOE
10 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity for a Building Surveyor Team Leader has arisen within the local authorities in Leamington Spa.
We are after highly motivated individual who can deliver high quality building surveying, staff management, project management, contract management, and budget management skills. Successful applicants must have a thorough understanding of current and pending legislation to ensure that our duties as a landlord and service provider are met and carried out to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction. Project management of construction based contracts would be of great assistance in undertaking these jobs.
You will need to have experience of managing team of surveyors, as well as a good technical knowledge of construction, property and contract management legislation and practices, and an excellent technical construction knowledge. As part of the work we undertake we are constantly looking to improve the built environment for our customers and ensure that whilst works are in progress that disruption is kept to a minimum.
To effectively manage a team of Building Surveyors ensuring the delivery of a professional, cost effective, customer focussed service that delivers high quality outcomes and meets all statutory, regulatory and contractual responsibilities and also undertake, as one of the team, a full range of Project Management & Surveying duties and responsibilities as required, in order to maintain and improve the Council's property portfolio and housing stock.
- To effectively manage, deploy, train, develop and provide guidance and technical support to a team of Building Surveyors.
- To carry out the planning, specification, procurement, implementation, management, and delivery of a variety of planned work projects and planned and cyclical maintenance contracts to any Council asset; undertake stock condition surveys, measured surveys, defect inspections, project management or post-inspections; and prepare project feasibility studies, reports, technical drawings, works and tender specifications, RIBA work plans, works orders, confirmations of instructions, health and safety information, planning, building control or listed building applications as appropriate, to ensure that the Council's assets are maintained in good condition and in compliance with all relevant statutory or regulatory responsibilities.
- To provide a point of contact for clients and customers in relation to specified project management works and/or designated assets allocated to the postholder or the wider team, considering and processing work requests and enquiries, instructing contractors as appropriate and providing clear and accurate information to clients and customers to achieve a successful conclusion to each request and provide technical advice and support for Building Managers and client staff colleagues at all stages of project work planning and delivery.
Job Specific Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level in Building Surveying or equivalent, with 3-5 years post qualification working experience in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years' experience of managing and administering a variety of building and construction contracts and project works.
- Experience of undertaking building surveys and planning and managing the resultant works.
- At least 3 years' experience of managing a team and/or people in a similar environment, able to manage, motivate and develop staff in a logical, controlled and timely manner.
Rate of pay
£ 20 - 25 ph DOE
There might be flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 08:45am till 5:15pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.