£17.55 - £18.55 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our clients' offices based in Watford on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Building Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- Colosseum refurbishment preparation - production of a comprehensive plan and set of recommendations including budget requirements and outline specifications for the refurbishment of this grade 2 listed building making use of existing condition surveys and commissioning/completing additional surveys (as required)
- Community Asset Review - production of a report with recommendations including budget requirements for the future action to be taken with the different assets within the council's community facilities portfolio utilising extensive condition survey work that has already been completed
- Supporting the internal facilities team in their transformation to move from a reactive to a ppm approach
To be successful for this Building Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Minimum qualification of BTEC HNC in Building Studies
- Progressively working towards or have achieved professional qualifications of either the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or Chartered Institute of Building (MCIOB
- At least 5 years post qualification experience
- Proficient in producing drawings via AutoCAD
- Able to demonstrate experience of the construction industry, building contracts and building-related legislation to include all aspects of health and safety and CDM regulations
- To have held a position in a Local Authority or other organisation with responsibilities which can demonstrate the necessary experience to meet the essential skills and aptitudes. Political awareness and ability to operate in a political environment
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £17.55 p/h PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.