£25.70 - £26.99 per annum
11 days ago
Our client is seeking a Building Surveyor on an initial 8 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide building surveying services to the Council's property users, to deliver projects identified from condition surveys or capital improvement projects and ensure compliance with statutory requirements and industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the condition of existing buildings.
- Identify, programme and cost the repairs and maintenance required.
- Design and specify high quality refurbishment and minor works solutions that do not require input from an architect.
- Prepare designs, specifications and tender documents and procure works or services to carry out complex building works. Manage contractors to ensure works are delivered, ensuring efficiency and economically within an established budget and programme and taking appropriate action to deal with variance as required.
- Identify and analyse defects, proposing solutions.
- Prepare insurance assessments and claims.
- Provide technical advice to clients on complex building related issues, best practice and compliance with current legislation.
- Develop a close working rapport with property users to ensure that effective working relationships are maintained and developed.
- Advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact, sustainable construction and health and safety.
- Carry out measured surveys in order to compile and/or update record drawings.
- Maintain the CBC Property Record Drawing database, providing updated data for entry on Property Asset Management Register (TF Cloud).
- Obtain Planning Permission and Building Regulations when required.
- Manage own workload with a high degree of efficiency and know when to see guidance and assistance from the Service Manager - Minor Projects or when specialist consultancy is required.
- Participate in a twenty four hours per day, 365 days per year advice and call out service for Council Properties. Duties are normally for one week at a time as part of a rota.
- To carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Line Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable ability to organise.
- Knowledge of Party
- Corporate Facilities Manager
- Maintenance Technical Officers
- Assistant Building Surveyor
- Ability to diagnose building maintenance problems.
- Ability to write specifications, including Prelims, Contract Particulars and Scope of Works.
- AutoCAD skills and understanding of architectural technology, space planning and building design.
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and MS project.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of building regulations, planning and associated statutory legislation.
- Confident communicator who can adapt their style to suit different audiences.
- Able to build strong client relationships and professional networks.
For this role you require the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- 2 Years written referencing (Al gaps Verified).
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.