£20.88 - £21.92 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Building Surveyor on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours.
- Under the general supervision of the Senior Building Surveyor to facilitate, via in-house teams & external contractors, traditional and partnering procurement routes, maintenance repair and planned minor/major works to the Council's housing stock.
- To assist the Senior Building Surveyor in the financial progression and reconciliation of various partnering programmes of works.
- To assist in the management of Housing's asbestos duties of compliance. This will include helping to develop effective plans, strategies and procedures for all planned works carried out by external co
- To work directly with the Director, Principle Building Surveyor, Senior Building Surveyor and within the Housing Group to ensure that the Group achieves excellence in services to customers, both internal and external supporting with more complex projects.
- contractors and in-house teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To contribute to delivering service standards, quality and performance targets, in accordance with the Unit's Service Development Plan and the Council's Statement of Purpose and Principles.
- To contribute to the development of a creative and open environment within the section, where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- To assist, within the scope of the post, with the development of effective links within
- To represent the Capital Projects Team at meetings and other fora, creating and maintaining links with relevant outside organisations in order to present a positive external image
- To assist in any reviews and development of administrative and IT systems an
- To assist in the maintenance and development of the BS EN ISO 90
- Visiting site regularly and keeping diary of works, to provide the necessary supervision of contractors and Clerk of Works role, to ensure they meet their responsibilities to manage and control the works, to achieve agreed timescales and required quality standards ensuring that materials used and workmanship are to the standards required by the contract and resolving construction queries which may arise
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of delivering major planned /reactive maintenance programmes for domestic and/or non-domestic buildings.
- Experience of providing high quality, customer centred services and in particular within the public sector.
- Experience of determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analyzing defects, including proposals for repair
- Experience of preparing specifications, tender documents & project management of major works projects.
- Degree in Building Surveying or similar related discipline, or working towards it.
- Ability to price works accurately and provide estimated costs for minor/planned/ reactive maintenance works.
- Experience of using Mobile Technology to record survey information.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases