City of London, London
£20.17 - £21.18 per hour
10 days ago
Our client is seeking a Building Surveyor on an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £20.17 Per Hour PAYE.
- To provide expert building and technical advice for the repair and refurbishment to council void properties to achieve the authorities 'Lettable Standard'
- To be responsible for site surveys, the design and preparation of drawing, specification and schedule of works, relevant to the implementation of adaptation across all housing tenures.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Building Surveying or an accredited degree which meets the requirement of the professional bodies (RICS, CIOB, ABE, BIFM)
- Knowledge of equalities & diversity issues.
- Must have experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of advising on schemes and projects and determining requirements;
- Experience of preparing scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works;
- Experience of preparing documents for tender and advising on the appointment of contractors, other designers and procurement routes
- Experience of determining the condition of existing buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair;
- Experience of advising on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction
- Experience of dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
- Experience of advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- Experience of negotiating dilapidations
- Experience of carrying out feasibility studies
- Good IT Skills, ideally to include CAD
- Full Driving License
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases