£44.25 - £45.25 per hour
10 days ago
4 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Regulations Team Manager to join our busy offices based in Stoke on Trent on a temporary basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £44.25 p/h.
As the Building Regulations Team Manager, your main duties will include:#
- To support the directorate team to deliver high-quality professional Building Control and Land Charges services for Stoke-on-Trent City Council and partner authorities.
- To have operational and strategic management responsibility, subject to the Strategic manager's guidance for statutory building regulation and associated advisory services for the city council and partner authorities including the exercise of delegated powers.
- To ensure that the local authority fulfils its legal regulatory function and national minimum performance standards and the authorities own objectives in relation to the service area.
- To support the Assistant Director and Strategic Manager in developing plans, policies and procedures to deliver appropriate services to support the directorate's objectives.
- To promote and develop a high-quality approach to how we deliver services.
- To support in the effective overall running of the directorate as a member of the senior leadership team within the directorate and by undertaking any other duties as required by the Strategic Manager.
- To secure, develop and manage lead authority agreements between the city council and local and national companies and other building regulation providers
- To secure additional work through the application of marketing and professional expertise in accordance with business plans.
- To have management responsibility to act as the Building Authority and licensing authority in respect of safety matters relevant to sports grounds.
- To fulfil the city council's statutory responsibilities in respects of dangerous structures and related matters
- To manage the partnership with Newcastle under Lyme Council as the partnership board manager for the North Staffordshire Building Control Partnership
To be successful for this Building Regulations Team Manager post you will need to have:
- Expert knowledge of relevant service areas, including the full range of organisational, policy, management and operational issues
- Expert Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation, and its application in relation to the functions of the service area
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of political and policy issues related to the functions of the service area.
- Relevant technical qualifications or a combination of qualifications and experience that demonstrates expert knowledge in the service areas functions and responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience of working with elected members in a constructive and politically sensitive manner, underpinned by a good knowledge of current local government issues
- Demonstrable experience within at least some of the functions for which the postholder will be responsible
- Experience in implementing effective service delivery, including the use of relevant technology, managing budgets and other resources, working in partnership with other organisations and the successful procurement and delivery of projects
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.