£35724 - £38799 per annum
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Control Surveyor to join our busy offices based in Wembley on a permanent basis. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £35,724 - £38,799 per annum.
As the Building Control Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- Provide first-line technical advice in respect of Building Control matters. Act as a technical point of contact for the service on allocated projects.
- Provide pre-application advice, review, monitor and determine proposals together with an on-site inspection and enforcement of building works and, as appropriate, certification of works on completion as compliant with relevant legislation.
- Assist and work under the supervision of Principal / Senior Building Control Surveyors and Manager(s) to support the team in organisational, technical and administrative areas of work including the provision of guidance / technical advice to all users of the service in relation to Building Control matters.
- Promote the Council, Department and the Building Control service to clients and customers including contractors, agents and residents at all times. Understand and be able to operate in a context of competition with the private sector for the provision of services to secure work for the Council and maximise income. Safeguard the interests of the Council at all times.
- Liaise with members of the public and other stakeholders, whether in writing, telephone, or face to face.
- Undertake/assist in investigation and response to customer enquiries, complaints and legal matters, as required, together with the general workload.
- Carry out site inspections of building work in progress, in all weathers and conditions, and record effectively the results and outcomes, in an appropriate format.
- Carry out initial and subsequent inspections, prepare reports, determine conditions, undertake necessary consultations and serve counter-notices in relation to Demolition Notices, as required. Verify that conditions have been met / works undertaken to ensure building safety and satisfactory environmental conditions/amenity maintained and to assist with any enforcement action required.
- Assist with and provide cover for technical administrative duties, as required, to ensure effective processing of applications, validations, etc. including work relating to team inboxes, emails, digital post boxes and other areas as may be required from time to time, including operation of duty surveyor obligations.
PLEASE CONTACT IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
To be successful for this Building Control Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Appropriate knowledge of Building Control and Development processes together with Building Control/construction related inspection experience including knowledge of construction materials, techniques and their evaluation.
- Knowledge of Demolition Control, Dangerous Structures legislation, procedures and inspection together with an understanding of Party Wall and Boundary matters.
- Appropriate knowledge of Legislation, Building Regulations, Approved Documents / Guidance and design/appraisal and ability to undertake structural check relating to general residential alterations, loft conversions, etc.
- Knowledge of working with a variety of IT systems including Operational Databases, Document Management systems, email, word, excel, etc.
- Experience of using a standard CAD design and checking packages.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.