Up to £29241 per annum
24 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Control Surveyor to join our busy offices based in Brent on a perm basis. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £29,241 per annum.
As the Building Control Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- Provide first-line technical advice in respect of Building Control matters. Act as a technical point of contact for the service on allocated projects commensurate with their knowledge and experience in association with Senior Building Control Surveyors / Team Managers.
- Provide pre-application advice, review, monitor and determine proposals together with an on-site inspection and enforcement of building works and, as appropriate, certification of works on completion as compliant with relevant legislation.
- Assist and work under the supervision of Principal / Senior Building Control Surveyors and Manager(s) to support the team in organisational, technical and administrative areas of work including the provision of guidance / technical advice to all users of the service in relation to Building Control matters.
- Promote the Council, Department and the Building Control service to clients and customers including contractors, agents and residents at all times. Understand and be able to operate in a context of competition with the private sector for the provision of services to secure work for the Council and maximise income. Safeguard the interests of the Council at all times.
- Liaise with members of the public and other stakeholders, whether in writing, telephone, or face to face. Provide pre-application Building Control advice and guidance as required.
- Undertake/assist in investigation and response to customer/solicitor enquiries, complaints and legal matters, as required, together with general Building Control enquiries/workload.
To be successful for this Building Control Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) plus appropriate Post Qualification Building Control/industry experience or Construction related degree / BTec Higher plus appropriate and substantial Building Control experience
- Appropriate knowledge of Building Control and Development processes together with Building Control/construction related inspection experience including knowledge of construction materials, techniques and their evaluation.
- Knowledge of Demolition Control, Dangerous Structures legislation, procedures and inspection together with an understanding of Party Wall and Boundary matters
- Appropriate knowledge of Legislation, Building Regulations, Approved Documents / Guidance and design/appraisal and ability to undertake structural check relating to general residential alterations, loft conversions, etc.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.