£33.73 - £34.73 per hour
29 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Control Surveyor to join our clients' offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Building Control Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- Provide first-line technical advice in respect of Building Control matters. Act as a technical point of contact for the service on allocated projects commensurate with their knowledge and experience in association with Senior Building Control Surveyors / Team Managers.
- Provide pre-application advice, review, monitor and determine proposals together with an on-site inspection and enforcement of building works and, as appropriate, certification of works on completion as compliant with relevant legislation.
- Assist and work under the supervision of Principal / Senior Building Control Surveyors and Manager(s) to support the team in organisational, technical and administrative areas of work including the provision of guidance / technical advice to all users of the service in relation to Building Control matters
To be successful for this Building Control Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Surveying or other (relevant) construction-related degree together with relevant Building Control or similar construction related experience
- Qualification Building Control/industry experience or Construction related degree / BTec Higher plus appropriate and substantial Building Control experience
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CABE, RICS, CIOB, IStructE) or relevant specialist qualifications or substantial Building Control experience on major projects.
- Together with Building Control/construction related inspection experience including knowledge of construction materials, techniques and their evaluation
- Regulation compliance and checking of projects, designs, building types, construction methods
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £33.73 p/h PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.