West End, London
£32.12 - £33.73 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Building Control Surveyor on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To carry out the building control function in one area of the Borough.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To inspect all building work by ensuring that the Regulations etc. are complied with (including regulations relating to means of escape, disabled access and thermal insulation).
- To deal with full plans applications.
- To check details submitted with Building Notices.
- In all these respects to give advice to architects, builders and others on the requirements of building control legislation and to take specialist or consultants advice as necessary.
- To participate, under the direction of the Assistant District Surveyor in the training of staff. To give evidence in Court as necessary in connection with enforcement action.
- To maintain all necessary records, write reports as required and answer correspondence relating to the work of the section.
- To carry out any other relevant and appropriate duties as required by the District Surveyor according to the needs of the service.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job profile are indicative of the role, however they are not exhaustive and may be subject to change. In addition, you will be required to undertake other reasonable duties as directed by your manager.
Skills and Experience:
Experience of working in a technical capacity within a Building Control environment would be an advantage.
* Keyboard/IT user skills.
* Ability to classify information and interpret, decipher and assess relevance.
* A thorough approach when dealing with details and actively checks work to ensure accuracy.
* Demonstrated ability to assess work that needs to be done, planning in a logical manner and setting sensible priorities.
* Ability to communicate clearly and articulately with the spoken word.
* Ability to clarify situations through effective use of questions.
* Ability to produce legible, clear and concise written work.
* A personable manner, remaining calm with awkward clients, able to defuse difficult situations.
* Ability to relate to a wide range of people.
* Ability to use a range of marketing skills to maximise our share of the Building Control market.
* To undertake all roles with a commercial awareness.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases