£23.60 - £24.78 per hour
18 days ago
Our client is seeking a Building Control Surveyor on an initial 8 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To administer Building Control Regulation to achieve health and safety within the built environment. This includes dealing with complaints, service requests, business advice/training, investigation, project work, sampling and regular inspections of building work in progress. Undertake building control duties in accordance with the policies and procedures to comply with the minimum standards set down in the Building Regulations and for the quality assurance certificate in accordance with BS EN ISO9002.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Examine plans and particulars deposited with the Council for compliance with the Building Regulation standards.
- To be familiar with the minimum standards set down within the Building Regulation sufficient to ensure that building work will comply with the minimum standards.
- To prepare a schedule of contravention of the Building Regulations shown on the submitted plans and list any additional information that is required to determine compliance with the minimum standards set down in Building Regulations.
- To recommend the decision that should be made for those Building Regulation applications by the required performance standard dates.
- To liaise with engineers, architects, developers, planners, approved inspectors and the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority and others on building regulation matters.
- To undertake site inspections to establish that building work in progress is being carried out in accordance with the Building Regulations and maintain accurate records of those sites visits sufficient to show the extent of the work inspected.
- To assist in the preparation of proofs of evidence and attend Court to give evidence in relation to the prosecution of constructors where appropriate.
- To deal with complaints relating to building work being undertaken prior to the formal building regulation submission being received by the Council to identify the extent of the work to which the regulations apply. To identify the owner and builder of the works and take any action appropriate in accordance with the policy statement set down for Building Control.
9.To advise staff, local residents, local builders and other interested parties of the minimum standards set down by building regulations.
- To liaise with Principal Building Control Surveyors before deciding whether the performance standard of the regulations is achieved using a lower standard than the prescribed standard of the approved documents supporting the building regulations.
- To participate in regional liaison groups as required.
- To participate in health and safety education activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally.
- Ability to work methodically and accurately to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise own and others work and meet agreed deadlines.
- Understanding of customer care and ability to liaise effectively with the public and outside agencies.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other officers and senior management.
- Ability to understand and comply with the Council's operation, procedures and standing orders on technical and administrative matters including driving and using your car to undertake inspections.
- (Ability to manage, train and develop staff.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases