£12.12 - £12.73 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Building and Contracts Supervisor on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Sunday
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the contractors working in the corporate property portfolio, ensuring high standards of service within budgets. Contribute to the development of services and quality systems to maximise customer satisfaction and the visibility of the service.
- Be a key person within the Facilities Management team, building strong and effective relationships with Customers, Members of the Public, Staff, Senior Officers, Councillors and Contractors to support the delivery of services.
- To provide information and advice to the Corporate Facilities Managers on the performance of the FM contracts. Provide feedback on the state of the corporate property portfolio by carrying out regular audits on the status of each building, including first impressions, contract compliance and Health and Safety issues arising.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be customer friendly, efficient and connected in how you work; make the most of modern technologies, work spaces and ways of working to provide a customer focused and efficient service, and bring forward ideas for service improvement.
- To supervise the performance of the FM Contracts, including identifying risks and improvements. Ensuring the contractors are working to the highest standards and are responding as required in the service specification. Carryout regular audits and inspections of all premises and grounds - ensuring all service failures are reported, and monitoring to ensure that they are carried out effectively, including checking the quality of all works when carried out. Assisting with the management of emergency procedures for all corporate buildings including ensuring adequate coverage is in place.
- To take a proactive approach in the Health, Safety and Well being of the council property portfolio. Ensure all contractors working in our buildings, carryout their works in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and have been issued a permit to work and are being monitored on site. You will be required to carry out a range of compliance activities for example weekly fire alarm testing, workplace inspections and risk assessments
- You will act as the initial contact point for the help desk / customers, following a reactive repair being reported, you will assess the priority and assign a contractor. Work closely with colleagues across assets to ensure best value is achieved and the customers concerns are dealt with.
- To ensure the first impression are maintained, throughout the buildings, this will include attending / chairing meetings (Building user groups, contract review).
- Manage own workload to a high degree of efficiency and know when to seek guidance and assistance from maintenance technical officer, line manager or when specialist advice is required.
- To carry out any other responsibilities that reasonably fall within the scope of the post holder and to assist with any reasonable duty at the request of the Line Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a facilities / building management environment.
- Understanding of general workplace Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of working in a customer care environment.
- Able to deal politely and tactfully with people at all levels face to face and by telephone.
- Able to produce and follow procedures on all aspects of facilities management Working knowledge of using e-mail, Word and Excel Able to organise and supervise others.
- Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team and be self-motivated.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases