£300.00 - £315.00 per day
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Budget Accountant to join our clients offices based in Newbury on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Budget Accountant, your main duties will include:
- To support the Budget Assistant Accountant and to be responsible for the Back Office Directorate budgeting process; including:
- Data collation.
- Data entry.
- Data validation.
- Data reconciliation.
- Variance analysis.
- Detailed variance commentary All in line with organisation timetables.
- Identify and implement improvements to the Budget process and other on-going reporting processes.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility and accountability of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Observe and comply with councils policies and procedures for Health and Safety at work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with the councils values, aims and objectives.
To be successful for this Budget Accountant post you will need to have:
- Knowledge of the principles of both management and budget accounting.
- Part-Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post graduate accounting qualification.
- Knowledge of Agresso accounting system advantageous but not essential.
- Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel.
- Professional and logical approach to problem solving with strong analytically skills.
- Strong initiative, curiosity and drive.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Faultless attention to detail.
- Person must develop and nurture credibility with internal stakeholders.
- Flexibility in approach to work, to respond to adhoc requests and re prioritise workload.
- Works independently with effective time management.
- Articulate and clear - verbally and in written communications.
- Maintains a positive frame of mind in all circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £300.00 per day
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.