£11.41 - £11.98 per hour
19 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Brokerage Assistant to join our clients offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Brokerage Assistant , your main duties will include:
- To support Brokerage Officers to source and co-ordinate placements for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- To undertake administration tasks that promote safe and timely service delivery.
- To implement systems and processes to inform effective use of resources
- To support demand analysis and strategic planning
- Act as a point of contact for the Brokerage service, including enquiries which may be emotive, distressing and complex in nature: assessing the nature and urgency of the call and responding as appropriate or referring to Placement Officers as appropriate.
- Proactively liaise and jointly work with both internal and external agencies to ensure good links and understanding of work undertaken by the Brokerage service.
- Process and respond promptly to incoming communications (post, telephone, fax, email) accurate message taking, copying and distributing information as necessary.
To be successful for this Brokerage Assistant post you will need to have:
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, or comparable ability in literacy and numeracy skills.
- Two years proven administrative experience preferably in a specialist service area, including that of providing front line customer service (visitor/telephone).
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft Office applications and the Internet including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, to at least an Intermediate level
- Experience of handling data and statistics, including the use of ICT record systems to input and retrieve information
- Information research, retrieval and collation using internet/web based systems
- Ability to communicate complex issues effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks, with an eye for detail
DBS Needed for this position.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.