£13.64 - £14.32 per hour
5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Brexit Officer to join our clients offices based in Newbury on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Brexit Officer, your main duties will include:
- To be responsible for the effective day to day management of administrative tasks involving Brexit information.
- To support and attend weekly meetings with the Chief Executive and as required across the Council and provide updates on Brexit planning tasks.
- To maintain a detailed and up-to-date knowledge of current requirements with respect to Brexit and current updates and to be proactive in the dissemination of this information.
- Undertaking Project and Programme Management (PPM) of a number of tasks often to tight deadlines. You will be responsible for ensuring these are well managed, ensuring any potential problems or issues are highlighted on a timely basis and addressed.
- To act as the lead administrative officer for the Council for Brexit as first point of contact and work with a variety of service areas to ensure tasks are completed.
- Attend meetings as required, taking accurate and timely minutes ensuring that actions are fed back to relevant officers and completed, and that appropriate cover is provided when you are unable to attend.
- To increase awareness of the work and promote good working relationships with all parties.
To be successful for this Brexit Officer you will need to have:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Up to date Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Project Management qualification or relevant experience
- Experience in managing and completing a variety of tasks across different teams
- Experience of collecting and collating data, drafting reports and evaluating services
- Up to date knowledge of current Brexit position
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good communication skills - face-to-face, via telephone and in writing through letter and email
- Able to communicate effectively with senior managers internally and externally to achieve operational and policy objectives
- Ability to analyse written information and establish/revise policies and procedures
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to make decisions under pressure, sometimes with limited information
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.