Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£17.52 - £18.40 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Billing And Debt Team Leader - Grade 10 to join our clients offices based in Ellesmere Port on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Billing And Debt Team Leader - Grade 10, your main duties will include:
- Working with the Corporate Billing & Debt Manager, to be responsible for the day to day management of one of two operational teams and providing cover as required for the other team.
- To ensure that the billing, collection and enforcement of all debts due to the council is administered effectively and efficiently, through sound processes of identification, assessment, billing and recovery action.
- Contribute to the Councils Budget setting and monitoring processes; ensuring timely and accurate production of the tax base, NNDR 1 forecasts, annual tax setting report, bills and information leaflet.
- To assist in promoting good practice and VFM procedures relating to the provision of chargeable services, prompt raising of debt, and encouraging payment in advance for miscellaneous services and low value charges wherever possible.
- Help promote and publicise eligibility for reliefs, discounts and/or exemptions to ensure wherever possible, those eligible to claim are aware of their rights.
- Provide a high level of technical and policy advice to the Corporate Billing & Debt Manager and relevant senior officers in relation to Corporate Billing & Debt related legislation, policy decisions and plans.
To be successful for this Billing And Debt Team Leader - Grade 10 post you will need to have:
- Significant (and demonstrable) experience and knowledge of effectively managing a team in a Billing & Debt office.
- Significant (and demonstrable) experience of the legislative aspects of managing a team in a Billing & Debt office.
- Evidence of political awareness and experience of providing accurate advice to Members.
- A demonstrable track record of leading, motivating and managing people teams to achieve significant, sustainable service improvements and outstanding results.
- An ability to forge successful partnerships with a wide range of internal and external bodies.
- Established skills and ability to empower, motivate and develop staff, create a positive, inclusive organisational culture and value diversity.
- Ability to provide and interpret performance management data.
- Proven track record of applying innovative thinking and judgement to initiate and support change, to take action, to meet targets and achieve desired outcomes.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.