£18.00 - £18.9 per hour
about 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Billing and Debt Assistant- Grade 5 to join our clients offices based in Winsford on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Billing and Debt Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To have knowledge of the appropriate legislation and regulations.
- To deal with enquires from debtors in person, by letter, email or telephone.
- To negotiate payment arrangements on outstanding debts.
- To carry out effective changes to accounts as necessary, making decisions exemptions, discounts and reliefs.input data, maintain/amend accounts and issue bills.
- Provide documentation for instalment arrangements, update records and monitor payments
- Set up direct debits and using various reports produced by BACS update direct debit details on individual accounts and process unpaid items.
To be successful for this Billing and Debt Assistant post you will need the have:
- Extensive clerical background where figure work and accuracy are both important.
- Where compliance with the strict rules and regulations are essential.
- Computer literate where the use of a finance related package or similar is a routine part of the job.
- Knowledge of local authority debt related legislation.
- Must be able to communicate with the general public either by personal contact, telephone or correspondence.
- GCSE in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English, or equivalent.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.