£18.00 - £19.80 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
21 days ago
A 3 month+ opportunity for a Billing and Debt Assistant which has arisen with the local authorities in Ellesmere Port.
To provide an efficient service for the collection and recovery of Income and Debt owed to the Council. To operate in the Corporate Debt Recovery team concentrating specifically on the recovery of Council Tax. Experience in this area and a good working knowledge of the appropriate legislation is essential, and must be experienced and confident in the use of Civica & Academy for this purpose.
- To have a working knowledge of the appropriate legislation and regulations.
- To deal with enquires from Debtors in person, by letter, email or telephone.
- To negotiate payment arrangements on outstanding debts
- To carry out effective changes to accounts as necessary, making decisions on exemptions, discounts and reliefs. Input data, maintain/amend accounts and issue bills
- Provide documentation for instalment arrangements, update records and monitor payments.
- Set up direct debits and using various reports produced by BAC'S update direct debit details on individual accounts and process unpaid items.
- To prepare refunds for authorisation
- Assist in tracing absconders in order to maximise revenue collection.
- To liaise with other departments concerning debtors accounts and sums due.
- Assist in the preparation, checking and dispatch of demand notices reminders, summonses etc
- Assist with regular reconciliations of key controls
- To apply necessary recovery actions to collect outstanding amounts.
- To liaise with bailiffs on individual cases.
- To assist at Magistrates/County Court.
Experience and Skills:
- GCSE in at least five subjects (at grade C or above) including Mathematics and English, or equivalent
- Extensive clerical background where figure work and accuracy are both important
- Knowledge of local authority debt related legislation
- Computer literate where the use of a finance related package or similar is a routine part of the job
Rate of pay
Umbrella: £ 19.80
Hours of work are 08:30am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.